Monday, January 9, 2012

Winter Squash A-Z: Ooey Gooey Caramel Pumpkin Blondies



I wish I was one of these blogs where the people make up their own recipes (maybe one day).  But, after making this yummy treat there was no part of me that was thinking about anything but, eating these squares of goodness.  They are a yummy "seasonal" change to traditional blondies.  And If you love pumpkin desserts like I do then, it never hurts to add something to your repertoire.  When I made these last night I really wish I had bought some vanilla ice cream when I bought the ingredients because the picture on the blog looked so good.  I have had warm blondies with ice cream before and they are to-die-for.  So that is one tip I would suggest if you have to buy some ingredients like I did...don't overlook the ice cream.  This morning they were really good too, and I think I heard approval from the playgroup that came over and got a taste.
Overall they were pretty easy to make.  I found the most difficult part was trying to spread the top layer of batter on top of melted caramel.  I'm not sure that I really had kept aside the full 1/3 so maybe more cautious than I was and you will find this easier.  Since I threw on only like two dollops (also not thinking) it was challenging to then spread it over the whole dessert.  What I ended up doing was kind of a zig zag thing with my silicon spatula at the end that gave it a kind of marbled/decorative effect and looked like less of a mistake.  In the end even, after I worried it it wasn't enough batter on top it turned out fine.  Maybe if I tweaked it at all I might add a bit more nuts....if you really love em like I do.  Also, don't succumb to the temptation to double the chocolate chips as I was tempted to do.  Though they don't seem like a lot it does seem that they are just the right amount when all is said and done.  If you try the recipe please let me know and also take some time to peruse the Tasty Kitchen Blog....looks like there is a lot more inspiration to be had on there.

http://tastykitchen.com/blog/2011/10/ooey-gooey-caramel-pumpkin-blondies/
http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/ooey-gooey-caramel-pumpkin-blondies/

If anyone out there is actually following this series...up next: spaghetti squash!

No comments:

Post a Comment