Thursday, August 25, 2011

Drawing #1

So I was feeling a little inspired after talking to the former artist I mentioned in my last post. Since she taught painting before becoming a SAHM I asked her what the best way to start when teaching yourself to paint. She suggested that I get back to drawing first and so that's what I did. I felt a little of that back to school excitement as I pulled my old art supplies out of a box in the basement. I was also amused to see the Hello Kitty items I had comepletely forgotten about. Well, I think I have everything to get started!




One suggestion she mentioned was trying to do at least one drawing a week. I'm not totally sure about committing to that at the moment but, I thought at least I could start on something. So I hope you don't mind me sharing my attempts with you all but, here is my first drawing from last night. It didn't turn out nearly as well as I had hoped but, I suppose not doing anything artistic for more than 8 years can get you pretty out of practice. I'm hoping with some practice my speed will improve too since this took about an hour to do and that might kill my motivation in the long run. But, I definitely think I could have done this in half the time when I was a teenager drawing all the time so I suppose with practice I will get back that efficiency. But anyways, here it is. I wish I could day the inspiration was all mine but, I used a photo from a magazine as my subject.


2 comments: