Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Forecast: A gloomy outlook and a flurry of excuses.....but, the weatherman is often wrong.

So happy to be back at home with my sweeties but, still dusting off stardust from my week in Dallas. The wonder hasn't worn off quite yet and of course I'm telling everyone about it. Bit by bit however, the not so glitzy reality does start to sink in. First I realize that I am going to have to do a lot of work to become a sales director! Next, I find out I won't have the use of our family car for the month of August as I had expected! And finally, it REALLY sets in...my husband still can't help me or support in the way I want...he's in Medical School and we have a baby! AAAAAAAAHH!!
Ok, so I needed to refocus. I started to think of what I wanted to accomplish and WHY. Part of the reason I am doing this is to prove to myself (and the future Dr Ogg) that I can do the WORK. So I need to commit even though it's hard...I guess that throws out my excuse of it being too much work. Next, I remembered the story I had read of a sales director who earned her first Mary Kay car by riding a bicycle to her parties. And she was working full time at another job. Ok, so that negates the no car excuse...I'll hold parties anyway. If she can do it, I can. Right? And as for support well, I suppose any of the single moms who've been a success in MK probably would argue they've had it worse. Hmmm I guess I will need to find a way. Plus, it will be worth it when I am wearing that sharp suit, driving a free car and knowing it came from determination and a desire to see other women succeed. Gotta love that visual! I better start making some calls.....

No comments:

Post a Comment