Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Drawing #2




So, I feel pretty good that I'm getting around to this again.  I know a month is not the same as a week but, it is so much more than I have been doing for the past 5 years or more.  So, just to remind you I am just starting back so don't judge too harshly.  This is supposed to be the Ogglette at 9 months based off of a picture my sis-in-law took.  I feel a little lazy for copying pictures so maybe next time I will try to draw during the day so I have enough light to draw something from life.  I will try. 
Last night I was feeling pretty discouraged about this drawing and probably would have given up half-way through and certainly never posted it but, felt a little obligated since I had already told you I would eventually.  I'm glad I did because it was good practice and looking at it this morning I decided it's not too bad.  I think it just will always bug me that her face just doesn't look as chubby as it should.  So never mind that she looks a tad like Jay Leno in this one.  If it's possible to get better by doing just one drawing a month then, expect better in October.  Until then, I hope you all will make time to do something you used to love.  Don't wait until the kids are off to college and you've forgotten what you used to like to do.

2 comments: